ROUND MIDNIGHT – Charity EP – WWW.SOSPIRORECORDS.COM
In tribute to the late Sir Richard Rodney Bennett, Sospiro Records has released an EP of Richard and John Harle with the strings of The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
Featuring Richard and Piano and John on saxophone, these luxuriant and swinging arrangements by Richard also feature the flugelhorn of Henry Lowther (Gil Evans, Charlie Watts Orchestras) and the harmonica of Paul Jones (Manfred Mann, The Blues Band), with Paul Morgan on bass and Paul Clarvis on drums.
Available as download only, each purchase includes a donation to The Musicians Benevolent Fund in memory of Richard.
Sospiro Records are grateful to Nigel Davis of Davenport Lyons for his assistance with this project.
ALBUM TRACK LISTING
With Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
1) Round Midnight (Monk Arr. R.R. Bennett) 5’10» (Solo Flugelhorn – Henry Lowther)
2) I’ll Remember April (de Paul Arr. R.R. Bennett) 2’53»
3) Lush Life (Strayhorn Arr. R.R. Bennett) 5’37»
4) Taxi Driver (Herrmann Arr. R.R. Bennett) 4’53» (Solo Harmonica – Paul Jones)
5) Anyone Home? (Bennett Arr. R.R. Bennett) 4’09»
Saxophone and Piano Duo
6) Samba Triste (Bennett) 3’19»
7) In a Sentimental Mood (Ellington Arr. R.R. Bennett/J. Harle) 3’10»