SAX TANK invites researchers and artist-researchers to submit proposals in any field related to the Saxophone. Over the last ten years, a proliferation of scientific documents has been produced in relation to several aspects of musical language and expression, with Adolphe Sax’s major creation as a centerpiece.
Presentations can cover the following fields of research: Performance, Pedagogy, History, Repertoire, Composition Techniques, Instrumental and Acoustic Technologies, Augmentation Processes, Embodied Cognition, Gesture, Psychology and Cultural Studies involving the Saxophone.
Six aplications will select by the FISP 2021 Scientific Committee, Dr. Carlos Canhoto and Dr. Henrique Portovedo.
Free of charge!
Art 1 – Sax Tank
SAX TANK i nvites researchers and artist-researchers to submit proposals i n any field related to the Saxophone. Over the l ast ten years, a proliferation of scientific documents has been produced i n relation to several aspects of musical l anguage and expression, with Adolphe Sax’s major creation as a centerpiece.
Presentations can cover the following fields of research: Performance, Pedagogy, History, Repertoire, Composition Techniques, Instrumental and Acoustic Technologies, Augmentation Processes, Embodied Cognition, Gesture, Psychology and Cultural Studies i nvolving the Saxophone.
Art 2 – The Process
• Sax Tank will have an open call for papers for applicants to submit their work to evaluation.
• All applications will be evaluated by FISP 2021 Scientific Committee, based only on the PDF abstract submitted.
• A maximum of six submissions will be selected by the scientific committee for online presentation from July 12t h to July 17t h 2021, during the FISP – Palmela International Saxophone Festival.
• Applications ranked i n the 7t h to 10t h will be placed on “standby” to present their work on FISP week i n case of renunciation or failure to meet deadlines by the selected proponents.
• Each of the selected and “stand by” proposals must confirm the i nterest i n participating in the festival. The final six selected applicants must record a video (30mn max) with the presentation and send i t by “wetransfer” (or similar service) to email@example.com.
• At any time, in case of renunciation or other, the participants on stand by can be asked for the video of the presentation to take part i n the program of VIII Palmela International Saxophone Festival.
• The Selected participants must record a promo video of their presentation for promotional purposes. The video should be no l onger than 1 minute and must include:
• Organizational affiliation (if applicable);
• Short pitch
Art 3 – The Scientific Committee
The VIII Palmela International Saxophone Festival Scientific Committee i s composed of: a) Dr. Carlos Canhoto b) Dr. Henrique Portovedo
Art 4 – Application
The application must be submitted on a form provided by FISP 2021 Production, available on the FISP official website. As part of the application the proponent must submit:
• The author’s name(s), organizational affiliation (if any), contact address, telephone, and email address
• The Abstract:
• As a PDF file;
• Written i n Portuguese or i n English;
• Maximum of 500 words, i ncluding 2 to 3 keywords;
• Without any kind of i dentification (for anonymous evaluation);
• The proponent must submit a full CV, i ncluding a l ist of main publications (up to 10 entries including written and artistic work), in PDF
• The proponent must submit a short biography (up to 150 words), in PDF;
Art 5 – Calendar
• Call for papers: until May 21st
• Announcement of the selected proposals by email: May 31st
• Confirmation of interest: May 31st to June 4th
• Public announcement of the six selected proposals: June 5th
• Deadline to send the presentation video: June 15th
Participation on FISP 2021 Sax Tank does not require any kind of payment.Art 7 – Consent
• The proponent accepts the capture of i mages, authorizing them to be broadcasted and/or used for future promotion of the Palmela International Saxophone Festival, at any time without prior authorization.
• In case of selection, the proponent consents his work to be broadcasted as part of the program of the VIII Palmela International Saxophone Festival.