EMERGING EXCELLENCE AWARDS
Whether you’re an unsigned band, a classical string quartet, a singer-songwriter or an urban performer, these grants of up to £3,000 could make all the difference at the start of your career.
WHO WE CAN HELP
Our work is aimed at musicians (including composers) and groups in the early stages of their careers – usually in the first three years. You will need to be:
- Committed to building a career in music
- Considered excellent by those in your field and already making an impact
- Able to prove you need help financially
- Over 18
- British or have lived in the UK for at least five consecutive years
- Based primarily in the UK
Where a group is applying, most members must meet the criteria above.
WHAT YOU CAN APPLY FOR
The awards are about helping you reach the next level in your musical development. We want to know what your ambitions are and how our support can help you achieve them. So we will be looking for:
- Long-term vision for your career and where it’s heading
- A collaborative and entrepreneurial approach
- A good awareness of the realities of the marketplace.
Typical projects include coaching or mentoring, a short course, a creative residency, or collaboration with other musicians.
HOW TO APPLY
There is a two-stage application process. Your application will be assessed for eligibility by Help Musicians UK staff and considered by independent panels of musicians and music industry advisors.
There are two rounds each year, with deadlines usually in January and June.
The next deadline is Thursday 12 June 2014 at 5.00pm.
You must ask a music professional who knows your work to send us a reference in support of your application. They should submit the form online. We must receive this before the closing date.
Applications open: Thursday 1 May
Stage 1 deadline: Thursday 12 June (5.00pm)
Stage 2 deadline: Wednesday 16 July (5.00pm)
Final panels and interviews: Monday 28 and Tuesday 29 July